Action To Be Taken For Wrongdoing In COSS, Says Mah

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 22 (Bernama) -- Strict action will be taken on any irregularities or wrongdoing involved in the Cooking Oil Stabilisation Scheme (COSS), said Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities Datuk Seri Mah Siew Keong.

Mah in a statement today said the ministry was taking serious note on the findings regarding COSS, with reference to the 2015 Auditor General Report released yesterday.

"The cooking oil quota has been frozen since June 8, 2016. Since then no new quota has been issued to date.

"During my five months in the office, I always ensure that the ministry gives full assistance to the National Audit Department throughout the auditing process. The ministry is committed to uphold transparency, integrity and good governance," he said.

He also said that the ministry would continue to give full cooperation with Public Account Committee and other related authorities on that matter.

Since his appointment in July, Mah said various measures had been taken to further enhance not only the management of the ministry but also the effectiveness of the policy delivery.

The 2015 Auditor-General's Report Series 2, among others, stated that the government had to pay an extra RM2.92 million in subsidies due to the weaknesses in the management of COSS.

Total subsidy paid from 2013 to April 2016 was RM2.388 billion.

-- BERNAMA



Source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v8/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1304995

Search

Calendar

Top

Google+
Follow @partigerakan