Membership of the Party shall be open to :
- Malaysian Citizens;
- Are at least 18 years of age;
- Agree and undertake to abide by the constitution and to adhere to the programmes, principles and the politicies of the part
- Are not members of any other political party; and
- Are not in any way disqualified to participate in any political party or organisation as defined in societies act, 1966.
- Application forms are obtainable from state office.
- All application forms must be filled in, with signature of applicant, proposer and seconder, attached with 2 copies of I/C size photograph. An intending member shall submit his application for membership in such form as the Central Working Committee may from time to time prescribe together with his entrance fee and subscription for the current year to the Secretary General or to the Secretary of the Branch of the area in which he works or resides and the
- Branch Secretary shall forward such application to the Secretary General within seven days upon receipt of such application.
- Every application for membership shall be submitted for approval to the Secretary General who shall tender the approved application for confirmation by the Central Working Committee at its next meeting.
- On confirmation of the application by the Central Working Committee, the Secretary General shall cause the member to be registered with the Branch in the area where the member resides or works or as directed by the Central Working Committee and shall inform the Branch and the applicant accordingly as well as issuing him with a membership card.
- The applicant shall be entitled to exercise all the rights of membership and enjoy its benefits upon his application being approved and confirmed by the Central Working Committee or on his appeal being approved by the Central Committee.
- In the event of the application for membership failing either to be approved by the Secretary General or to be confirmed by the Central Working Committee, the applicant shall be so informed within one month of the decision and shall be entitled within one month of his being informed of the rejection of his application to appeal to the Central Committee which shall deal with the appeal and its decision shall be final.
- An applicant may appeal to the President for a decision if he does not receive any notification from the Secretary General on the result of his application within two months after its submission.
- A person shall be deemed to have been admitted as a member of the Party as from the date of his application being approved and confirmed by the Central Working Committee or on his appeal being approved by the Central Committee.
- The Central Committee or the Central Working Committee may reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
- The entrance fee and subscription payable shall be as follows:-
- entrance fee - RM2.00
- annual subscription for an Ordinary or Life Member - RM2.00
- A one-time payment of RM50.00
- annual subscription for an Affiliated Member - RM100.00
- The annual subscription is payable on or before 30th June of the year.
- Any member who allows his arrears to exceed two years' subscription shall automatically cease to be a member of the Party. He may, however, be reinstated on payment of all the arrears at the discretion of the Central Working Committee.
- The Central Working Committee may impose on members special subscriptions or levies for any purpose. If any member fails to pay such special subscriptions or levies within such period as may be resolved, the amount due shall be treated in the same manner as arrears of annual subscription.
- 3.5 The Central Working Committee shall have the power to waive the dues of any member on grounds of hardship on receipt of an application from the member concerned.
4. RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
- Unless otherwise provided for in this Constitution, a member shall be entitled :-
- to attend and speak at all meetings which he is entitled to attend;
- to vote at all meetings which he is entitled to attend;
- to hold such office in the Party to which he may be duly elected or appointed; and
- to have access to and to make such reasonable use of such facilities as the Party may provide.
- A member is not entitled to vote in any meeting or a Party election unless he is a voting member or unless he has obtained approval in writing from the Central Working Committee.
- A member is not entitled to stand as a candidate in a Party election unless he is an eligible candidate as defined under Article 41 of this constitution or unless he has obtained approval in writing from the Central Working Committee.
- An Affiliated Member shall not be entitled to any right except to nominate such representatives when called upon by the Central Committee of the Party to do so from time to sit in the Central Committee or in any other committee or sub-committee for any specific or general purpose. Such nominated representatives of an Affiliated Member shall not have the right to vote.
What can you do?
There is much that you can do to shape the future of our country. Start by:
- refreshing your knowledge of Malaysian history;
- paying more attention to what is happening around you and in the country;
- evaluating how government actions affect your life.
Once you are in touch , you will form your own viewpoint. Forming your viewpoint is good but ours is an increasingly complex world. To get a true picture, you always need to see things from many angles by:
- reading up and thinking about topics important to you;
- listening to other viewpoints, including those of experts;
- discussing the causes, effects, pros and cons of policies, laws and programmes.
Next, think about what needs to be done; or what can be done better. Finally, consider how you can get involved in changing things for the better, for a better tomorrow.
The point is to get involved. Some people say they do not care; others say they are too busy. However, if you care about Malaysia, if you care about your loved ones living in this country, you should play an active role in shaping its future.